The Breastfeeding Protocols, designed for health care providers, include normal breastfeeding, breastfeeding concerns and management suggestions. The 2013 version of the Breastfeeding Protocols for Health Care Providers and E-Learning modules are being revised to reflect current evidence-based research.
The BFI Strategy for Ontario and TPH are releasing revised protocols and E-Learning modules as they are completed.
Now available are:
- Introduction to Revised Breastfeeding Protocols for Healthcare Providers (2019) outlining the history, terminology, process, and methodology used.
- Positioning and Latching (2019), the first revised Protocol with key messages, easy-to-read principles, illustrated positions, latching tips, and key resources. Also available in French.
- Expressing, Collecting, and Storing of Human Milk (2019).
- Signs of Effective Breastfeeding (2019)
- How the Breast Works (2019)
For the complete set of TPH 2013 protocols click here.